by Fakorede Wuraola
Banana Bread recipe is one of my new discovered recipe, the recipe worth trying out. Most especially this quarantine period, this tasty and moist banana bread/ cake recipe is doable and home kitchen friendly. It can be use as a snack with family as you all gather to have good moment.
This is the best bread/cake I’ve ever made; I would prefer to call this a cake than a bread. It really delicious light cake with great banana flavour. I prefer to use a very ripe bananas to add natural sugar.
To eat clean and have low fat, you can substitute the following ingredients with healthy ingredients:
Whole wheat or gluten-free flour
Freshly grated Carrot
Neatly diced apple
Nut such Raison, pecans
Shredded unsweetened coconut.
- 4 Ripe or Overripe Banana
- 2 Cups All-Purpose flour (Wholemeal flour as a variation).
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp grounded nutmeg
- Pinch of Salt
- ½ tsp of Vanilla extract – Optional
Servings: 5 | Prep Time: 10mins | Cooking Time: 45 – 55mins
- Heat the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit or 180 degree Celsius
- Preparing the Wet Ingredients
- Mash the ripe banana in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Break and beat the egg, add to the mashed banana and add milk. In order to put the wet ingredients in the same bowl.
- Put the butter to melt in the microwave.
- Mixed the butter with the brown sugar.
- Get another bowl, to mix the dry ingredients
- Sift the flour into the bowl, add and mix baking powder and baking soda
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon, mix everything together.
- Add the wet ingredients: the banana mixture to the dry and mix till everything combined together to make banana bread mixture.
- Add the butter/sugar mixture and mix together.
- Add a pinch of salt to taste
- Grease the baking pan with butter and coat with flour to avoid the mixture sticking to the pan.
- Turn the mixture into the bread pan and place in an already preheated oven for 45minutes.
- Deep toothpick or table knife in the middle of the bread to check.
Note: if the toothpick or table-knife is stuck with crumbs from the bread, the bread/cake is ready.
- Take the bread/cake out of the oven and allow to cool off for 5-10 mins
- Slice with a bread knife and enjoy your banana bread/cake.