[Jennie Couling | Contributing Writer]
Pixar announced that they are making another Toy Story film due to come out summer 2017. Details about the plot are very vague – Pixar have said that it “opens a new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the ‘Toy Story’ gang” but beyond that little is known other than a few rumours that there will be a more romantic story line than the others.
Toy Story turns 19 this year, so why are we all still so excited? Probably because it’s amazing and basically teaches us all we need to know about life, so here’s the Top 10 things we’ve learnt from Toy Story;
- Evil people will always get their comeuppance. Yes Lots-O was only an evil overlord because he was hurt, but when they ignore the chance to change, that’s when they’re truly bad.
- Toddlers are violent torturers.
- We’re all the same, but what makes us special is who loves us. Yes, there may be thousands of other Potato Heads or Buzz Lightyears, but to Andy there’s only one.
- Never never send your toys to the tip. It is literally a fiery pit of hell. But…
- Toys are meant to be played with. Not collected or left in an attic, but loved. So donate toys you’ve grown out of to kids who will love them for years to come. And be constantly vigilant against merchandise collectors.
- Don’t put things you want to keep in a bin bag. Come on Andy, it’s not exactly rocket science.
- Flying is essentially falling with style.
- Just as we suspected, toys get up to all sorts while you’re out.
- You can survive pretty much anything as long as you’ve got your friends around you.
- Kids have the best imaginations