[Catie Allwright | Contributing Writer]
Three ingredients, no fuss. It couldn’t be simpler to win at Pancake Day this year!
- 1 mug self raising flour
- 1½ mugs plant milk (I’ve used soya, almond and oat, they all turned out perfectly)
- 1 generous teaspoon baking powder
- Whichever toppings you fancy!
- No special skills required here, just mix all of the ingredients (excluding the toppings) up with a fork or hand whisk and you’ll be good to go. I tend to mix them together in a jug so I can pour the batter straight into the pan. Add less milk for thicker, fluffier pancakes or more for thinner, crêpe style pancakes. Add a pinch of salt for a little more flavour, dark chocolate chips, mashed banana, anything you think would work.
- Cook in a little dairy free margarine or oil in a hot non-stick frying pan. If they’re a thicker consistency, you’ll know they’re good to flip over when lots of little bubbles start appearing.
- Top with fruit, syrup, nut butter, chocolate sauce, seeds, jam, dairy free ice cream or the classic lemon and sugar. The only limit is your imagination.
Here’s how they turned out for me:
All images: Catie Allwright