[Shelby Loasby | News Sub Editor]
(£2.50 or £4.84 = 63p or £1.21 per serving)
500g Pasta – 50p
12 jumbo hot dogs (2 tins) – £2.00
Pinch of salt
Optional toppings and sides
500g Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce – 84p
Grated Hard Cheese – £1.18
Garlic Baguette – 32p
- Follow the instructions on the packaging to cook the garlic baguette.
- Cut the hot dogs into small, even chucks, and then poke 4-5 pieces of uncooked spaghetti through each piece of hot dog.
- Boil a saucepan of water with a pinch of salt, and transfer the hot dog spaghetti pieces into the pan.
- After about 10 minutes, remove a strand of spaghetti from the pan to check if it has cooked. (Top tip: Throw the strand against a tiled wall. If the spaghetti sticks, it is ready)
- Once you are happy that the spaghetti is cooked, drain, and then return to the pan
- If you chose to include the Pasta sauce, simply add to the spaghetti and stir in until it is completely covered.
- The Hot Dog Spaghetti is ready to be enjoyed! (Don’t forget the grated cheese and garlic bread)
Had a go at making it? Share it with us!