[Chloe Burrowes | Contributing Writer]
Lloyd Henley and I are back again to bring you some daring new recipes. These strange food combinations are ingredients that usually would be kept apart but when put together produce tasty dishes. So dare to be different and try these oh-so-right recipes.
Broccoli and Peanut Butter Soup
This changes up an ordinary vegetable soup with the peanut butter twist; perfect for a starter or as a filling lunch.
1 x white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 head of broccoli
200ml of milk
- Chop one onion and 2 cloves and garlic and fry
- Boil one head of broccoli inc stem in 400ml of water
- Then add the milk and simmer
- Pop in large mixing bowl
- Add 200ml of milk
- Add 1 tsbp or to taste to soup
- Blend to smooth
Coca Cola Chicken Drumsticks
This dish is perfect with chicken wings, drumsticks or thighs; the soy sauce gives the dish a Chinese twist! Serve as a snack or as a meal with our side dish option.
2 cloves of garlic
6 x Chicken Drumsticks
1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Chop two cloves of garlic
- Season drumsticks
- Put chicken, garlic and a tbsp of soy sauce into a saucepan or wok
- Add coke until chicken is fully covered
- Leave to simmer for approx 1 hour or until most of the coke has reduced
Great as a tasty side dish or to make it a meal; why not add some tasty sweet potato fries?
Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel a sweet potato and cut into fries
- Preheat to oven to approx 200c
- Coat the fries evenly in oil and season to taste
- Pop in the oven for roughly 30 minutes or until crispy
Chocolate and Chilli Cupcakes
Sweet and savoury never tasted so good, these chocolatey cupcakes are a perfect treat for any day of the week.
200g Caster Sugar
200g Melted Butter
3 x Eggs
200g Self-Raising Flour
100g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Few drops of milk
- Melt butter and combine with caster sugar in a bowl and mix
- Combine flour, cocoa powder and cayenne pepper in a bowl
- Add to the other bowl and fold
- Add a few drops of milk and fold
- Preheat a oven to 200c and grease a muffin tin
- Spoon the mixture in and leave in the oven for 20-25 minutes
Have you tried any of BlueMoon’s recipes? We’d love to know what you think! Let us know @TridentMediaUK!